The Cause account is for registered Charites that want to use PayFast to receive donations and/or payments. Examples of registered Charities are:
- Non-Profit Organisation
- Public Benefits Organisation
- Section 21 or Not For Profit Company
How do I verify my account?
To verify your account, you will need to provide us with the documentation indicated below:
1. Proof of registration
Non-Profit Organisation (NPO):
- A copy of NPO registration certificate as issued by the Department of Social Development.
Public Benefits Organisation (PBO):
- A copy of PBO registration confirmation as issued by the South African Revenue Service (SARS) (if applicable)
Section 21 Company / NPC:
- A copy of the companies registration documents that reflect the company is a registered Section 21 company or an NPC (Non-profit company).
- Trust registration documentation (IT number)
- Or the Trust Agreement / Deed of Trust
2. Proof of physical address of the organisation
Please note we can not accept proof of address that is sent to a PO Box address.
document is sufficient, below is a
list of examples that could be
- Rates and Taxes statement from Municipality / City Council
- Or an account statement from Telkom / NeoTel / Vodacom etc.
- Or 1st page of lease agreement
Click here for a full list of acceptable and unacceptable documents to use for proof of physical business address
3. Proof of the organisations bank
Please note that
we can not accept an internet
banking transaction statement. A scanned paper statement
or an electronic monthly
statement issued by the
A single document is sufficient, below is a list of examples that could be used:
- Bank account statement reflecting the organisations name and bank account number.
- Or a letter from bank reflecting the organisations name and bank account number.
- Or a cancelled cheque reflecting the organisations name and bank account number.
4. Proof of the organisations director
5. Proof of the PayFast account holder (if not a director) showing:
- Proof of identity (What can I use?)
Where do I upload the documents?
- Log into your PayFast account.
- Select the Account tab.
- Click on the red Verify button.
- Upload the necessary verification documents to your account.
Our Support team will review your documentation. Account verification usually takes two business day to complete.