Documents to verify a business physical address
Any document that is used to validate a physical business address must reflect the name of the business and the physical address of the business (legal property descriptions are also acceptable - e.g. erf 1 Johannesburg).
Please note we cannot accept proof of address that is sent to a PO Box address.
A document which must reflect the business name and physical address.
Here is a list of valid documents that can be used to verify a business physical address:
- A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months)
- A bank statement or financial statement from a financial institution (less than 3 months old)
- A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1-year-old)
- A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
- A mortgage statement from another financial institution, (less than 6 months old)
- A telephone account, ie. a landline or cellphone account (less than 3 months old)
- An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1-year-old)
- Official correspondence from the South African Revenue Services ("SARS") (less than 3 months old)
- A recent business insurance policy issued by an insurance company
- Correspondence from a body corporate or share– block association (less than 3 months old)
- A valid television license document
- A recent short–term insurance policy document or a short–term insurance renewal letter (less than 1-year-old)
- A retail account statement (less than 3 months old)
- A written affidavit signed and stamped by a registered commissioner of oaths which confirms that the business is permitted to operate from a legitimate address.
- Once-off invoices, i.e. Doctors accounts or invoices from plumbers etc.
- Company registration documents that do not reflect the current physical address.
- Proof of address sent to a PO Box address.
Verify a Business Account
A Business Account on PayFast is for companies that are registered with CIPC/CIPRO. Examples of these are: Closed Corporation Pty (Ltd) Trust How do I verify my account? To verify your account, you will need to provide us with the documentation ...
Documents to verify an individual's physical address
Any document that is used to validate an individual's physical address, must reflect the name of the individual (at least the initials and surname in the case of an individual or the trading name in the case of a non-individual), and the physical ...
Verify your account
Step 2: Verify your account To accept payments through PayFast, your account needs to be verified. To do this you need to submit FICA like documents. You do not have to submit original documents, scanned copies are fine. You can submit these ...
Verify an Individual Account
An Individual account is intended for individuals or a sole proprietor or partnership that is not registered with CIPC/CIPRO and wants to receive payments. Examples of an Individual account are: A person Sole proprietorship Partnership How do I ...
Verify a Cause Account
A Cause Account is for registered charities that want to use PayFast to receive donations and/or payments. Examples of registered causes are: Non-Profit Organisation Public Benefits Organisation Section 21 or Not For Profit Company Trust How do I ...