Documents to verify an individual's physical address
Any document that is used to validate an individual's physical address, must reflect the name of the individual (at least the initials and surname in the case of an individual or the trading name in the case of a non-individual), and the physical address of the client (legal property descriptions are also acceptable - e.g. erf 1 Johannesburg).
A single document is sufficient, below is a list of what can be used:
- A retailer account e.g. clothing accounts, student fee accounts, co-op statements (for farmers), etc.
- Any government issued document: e.g. court order, subpoena, traffic fine, etc. or documentation relating to UIF and/or pension payouts, etc.
- Bank statement issued by your bank.
- Correspondence from a Body Corporate / Share Block Association
- Documentation from an insurance or assurance company, e.g. life assurance, short term insurance, health insurance / medical aid, funeral policies, etc.
- Investment statement from an Investment Provider, e.g. shares, portfolio or unit trust statement.
- Mortgage statement from a mortgage lender.
- Motor vehicle license documentation.
- Rental / lease agreement.
- SARS document which includes: a document produced by SARS or a document to be used for tax purposes, e.g. IT12S, IRP5, IT3b, etc
- Telephone account, e.g. Telkom, Vodacom, etc
- Television license documentation.
- Utilities account, e.g. rates, taxes water, electricity, etc.
- A letter from a municipal representative (e.g. ward councilor), on the municipality's letterhead, confirming that an individual is permitted to reside on land managed/serviced by that municipality, bearing the stamp of the relevant municipal authority.
- Once-off invoices, i.e. Doctors accounts or invoices from plumbers.
- Proof of address sent to a PO Box address.
Verify an Individual Account
An Individual account is intended for individuals or a sole proprietor or partnership that is not registered with CIPC/CIPRO and wants to receive payments. Examples of an Individual account are: A person Sole proprietorship Partnership How do I ...
Documents to verify a business physical address
Any document that is used to validate a physical business address must reflect the name of the business and the physical address of the business (legal property descriptions are also acceptable - e.g. erf 1 Johannesburg). Acceptable documents: Please ...
Verify your account
Step 2: Verify your account To accept payments through PayFast, your account needs to be verified. To do this you need to submit FICA like documents. You do not have to submit original documents, scanned copies are fine. New PayFast Dashboard You can ...
Verify a Business Account
A Business Account on PayFast is for companies that are registered with CIPC/CIPRO. Examples of these are: Closed Corporation Pty (Ltd) Trust How do I verify my account? To verify your account, you will need to provide us with the documentation ...
Verify a Cause Account
A Cause Account is for registered charities that want to use PayFast to receive donations and/or payments. Examples of registered causes are: Non-Profit Organisation Public Benefits Organisation Section 21 or Not For Profit Company Trust How do I ...