How do I enable MoreTyme as a payment method on PayFast?
To enable MoreTyme as a payment method on your PayFast Dashboard, do the following:
Legacy PayFast Dashboard
Log in to your PayFast account.
Navigate to Settings > Payment methods.
Scroll down to the MoreTyme box and click Edit
You’ll be taken through a quick application process where you’ll need to consent to the sharing of the following information with MoreTyme/TymeBank:
Once your MoreTyme application has been approved you’ll receive an automated confirmation email.
If you have difficulty adding MoreTyme as a payment method, please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist with your application.
Please note: For every successful purchase made through MoreTyme, you’ll be charged a transaction fee of 5.5% plus R2.00 Excl VAT.
If your business specialises in any of the following industries you won't be able to apply for MoreTyme:
- Adult entertainment and escort services
- Alcohol and tobacco retail
- Arts and antique
- Car hire
- Cash & carry
- Embassies and consulates
- Food retail (food sales only excluded)
- Finance, stock & securities and related companies
- Gambling and casino related companies
- Hotels, travel and accommodation
- Investment holding companies
- Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) and State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs)
- Drop shipping
- Political and religious entities
- Precious metal and stones wholesale
- Pyramid sellers/schemes
- Subscription services, eg. Security, VOIP. VPN service, utilities, etc.
- Virtual currencies (cryptocurrency etc.)
- Pharmacies (selective eligibility conditions apply)
- Fuel retailers (petrol sales prohibited)
New PayFast Dashboard (coming soon)
- Log in to your PayFast account.
- Navigate to Settings > Payment methods. (Alternatively, you can scroll down on the home screen to Payment types on the right-hand side of the screen and click Manage payment methods.)
- Scroll down to Payment methods and in the MoreTyme box toggle to Enabled.
- You’ll be taken through a quick application process where you’ll need to consent to the sharing of the following information with MoreTyme/TymeBank:
- Merchant Business Name
- Merchant address
- Merchant contact information (email and phone number)
PayFast Merchant ID
Company Reg. No.
- Merchant logo and images
- Once your MoreTyme application has been approved you’ll receive an email from our support team.
What is MoreTyme?
MoreTyme is a flexible Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) payment method from TymeBank that allows online shoppers to pay off their purchases in three payments over two months. If you would like to offer MoreTyme as a payment method on your website, read ...
How do I enable the MoreTyme widget on my website?
Once you have activated MoreTyme as a payment method on your PayFast Dashboard, you can create a personalised MoreTyme widget to display on your product web pages. The widget informs your customers how much they need to pay upfront and for the next ...
How do I upload my company’s logo as part of the MoreTyme application?
An added benefit of enabling MoreTyme as a payment method is that your online store will be listed on the TymeBank mobile marketplace. To be profiled, you will need to upload the following: Your company logo on a black background that’s 192px X 192px ...
How do I create a subscription using a Pay Now button?
New PayFast Dashboard To create a subscription using a Pay Now Button, do the following: Log in to your PayFast account. Navigate to Settings > Generate “Pay Now” Buttons. Under Text on button, from the drop-down list select Subscribe Now. Select the ...
How do I create a subscription using a Payment Request?
New PayFast Dashboard To create a subscription using a Payment Request, do the following: Log in to your PayFast account. Navigate to Payment Request > Send Payment Request. Under “What service type is the payment request for?” select Subscription. ...