Setting up Recurring Billing
Please note: Once you have enabled Recurring Billing for Shopify you will need to set up your subscription products on Shopify using either the Variations method or the SKU method.
1. Setup recurring billing on your PayFast account:
2. On the Settings > Integration page, click Enable next to Recurring Billing – Shopify.
3. Check Enable Shopify Recurring Billing.
4. Enter your full shop URL in the Shopify Store URL field, being careful not to include a forward slash at the end of the URL i.e. no character at the end like this: /
5. You will be redirected to Shopify to allow the PayFast Recurring Application to interact with your store.
6. Enter your login details to log in to your store.
7. Grant Permission to the Subscription Application by clicking the Install app button.
8. You will be directed back to PayFast and should be presented with a notification that your changes were saved successfully. You should also see a Shopify Store Token that has been assigned to your account.
You can now setup your recurring billing on your products, based on either the Variations Method, or the SKU Method. The instructions are outlined below.
1. Create a new Shopify product.
2. Add a product variant and its period (you may name this field whatever you would like, you can also have a single option).
3. Add a second option for the number of times to repeat the period that has just been added.
4. Fill in the recurring amount per option. You can disable certain items if you do not want them.
5. You are then able to view the product on your website.
1. Products can also be created without variants by defining the SKU or Barcode as follows: