- Log in to your Shopify Store.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Under Third-party payment providers select PayFast and enter your PayFast Merchant ID and Key.
- To run PayFast in test/sandbox mode, select Use Test Mode and click Save.
- Once you are ready to go live, un-check Use Test Mode and click Save. Ensure that the Merchant ID and Key fields are populated correctly after doing so, as they may have been pre-populated with an email address by the browser when un-checking Use Test Mode.
Please Note: The base currency of your Shopify store must be ZAR.
To set up subscription products in Shopify, please follow our recurring billing instructions
. You will need to ensure that Recurring Billing is enabled on your PayFast account and that your products are either set up with the Variation method or the SKU method. Unfortunately, subscription products cannot be tested in sandbox mode. However, by checking out to PayFast, you will be able to see that a recurring product has been created, with the recurring amount showing.
South African VAT Setup
In the admin section of your Shopify store, click the Settings cog at the bottom left-hand corner.
Once on the Settings page, click Taxes.
- On the Taxes page, set up VAT for South Africa so that all 9 provinces are set to 15%.
- Please leave the top part that reads Tax Settings unchecked, as in the screenshot to ensure that the amount does not get double charged.