How do I upgrade my account?
If you have a PayFast account which you can make payments from (but not receive payments), you can change to an Individual or Business account.
If you have a PayFast account with which you can accept payments in your personal capacity (Individual account) but want to use it for a registered business, you can change it to a Business account.
Those wishing to open a Cause account on behalf of a registered charity, are kindly requested to open a new/second account or contact us for assistance with changing your account to a Cause.
To upgrade your account, do the following:
- Log in to your PayFast account.
- Navigate to the Accounts tab and click Upgrade.
- Enter the required information like ID number, address and bank details. Click Add it for each section and fill in the required information.
- Add your security questions (these are for if you ever forget your password) and click Update.
- Add your ID number (the ID number of the account holder) and click Update.
- Add your mobile number (the mobile number of the account holder) and click Update.
- Add your postal address (if you don’t have one just add your residential address) and click Update.
- Add your bank details. This is the bank where you will have the funds in your PayFast account paid out to (this account needs to be a South African bank account). Please note: If you are upgrading to a Business account the bank account needs to be your business bank account reflecting the business name.
- Add your physical address. If you added this in step 7 for your Postal address then just retype it here. Click Update.
- Once you have added all your information you will see green ticks next to each section.
- Choose if you are upgrading to an Individual, Business or Cause account. (It’s helpful to remember what bank account you added in Step 8 to know which account you should have).
- Upload your verification documents / FICA documents. To do this navigate to the Account tab and click Upload Documents. For the documents you need to upload please see this Getting Started Guide.
What is PayFast?
PayFast is an online payment processing service for South African merchants of all sizes. PayFast allows merchants (individuals, businesses and charities) to accept secure payments from online buyers by offering a variety of payment methods, ...
Can I link one PayFast account with more than one website?
Technically you can use the same PayFast account (that is the same PayFast Merchant ID and Key) on multiple websites. However, using the same PayFast account on multiple websites doesn’t cater for a good buyer experience because the same merchant ...
How do I get business funding through Easy Advance?
Easy Advance is a new business funding service that’s available to PayFast merchants in partnership with Retail Capital. If your business is pre-approved for funding, a real-time offer will be accessible via your PayFast Dashboard when you log in to ...
How do I find out what type of account I have?
New PayFast Dashboard To find out what type of account you have registered for on PayFast, do the following: Log in to your PayFast account. Navigate to Account > Business Information. Scroll down to Account Details, here you will find your account ...
How do I cancel my account?
While we'd be very sad to see you go, we will gladly cancel your account at your request. To do this, please just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to cancel your account and the email address for your account (if ...